Monday, February 2, 2009
Kristy, from your photos on Facebook, looks like you had a good Super Bowl party. Which team were you rooting for? I cheered for the Steeler who ran the 100 yds, but then booed him when he started beating up on a Cardinal player. Since we lived in Arizona for 11 years, we naturally were for the Cardinal and were so disappointed when they came "this close" to winning but still lost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We saw the game, too.. as a Mom it was so disappointing that the hero of the game - 100 yards is AMAZING - punched an opponent 4 times.
ReplyDeletewhat disappointed me more though was that he was not immediately ejected from the game. My husband and the other men present were surprised, too. What an example to show the kids..
a complaint - oh my word the commercials! We don't have TV so we get so shocked at commercials! We saw two women kissing, a woman nude except garter belt, panties and bra.. but I noticed the catholicvotes.org ad that made the news, the one that shows babies in the womb but makes no mention of abortion wasn't shown.
It really blew our minds.. when you only watch TV once a year the depravity shoved down the public's throat is sickening.. sometimes we wish we could see some of the great programing that really is out there on the airwaves, but the "cost" is just way too high.
The senior pastor at Westgate chapel in Edmonds (where we moved from some years ago) had a saying that has stuck with me.. "the culture has become so depraved that the ABNORMAL has become NORMAL."
So.. wasn't planning on getting on a soapbox, but I guess I have!
See you Wednesday.. I'll try to behave myself ;)
Well, in response to Ann... we too all cheered for the underdogs. I still have some bitterness towards the Steelers. I don't think one person that came to our "party" cheered for Pittsburg.
ReplyDeleteWe too, are always appalled by the commercials.. especially with the kids coming in and out of the room!! But it's okay... thanks to TiVo!!! You just pause for a bit, or fast forward, then you don't have to look at all the boobs!! : )
I did NOT cheer for the Steeler when he ran it back for a 100 yd touch down. I think I screamed "NOOOOOO!!!" It was a good play.. but there was my bitterness!!! And then to watch the same guy assault the Cardinal WHILE he was down!! I can't believe he didn't get a penalty for it. It almost makes me want to become a referee for the NFL (I'm sure they wouldn't let me in)... just so I could spank that boy!!! Shame on him!!
ahh...
But other than that it was a GREAT party. I enjoyed the fellowship with everyone that came. I think we are going to do that more often!!!